|Curragh Swimming Pool Autumn||Course, curragh, Lifeguard|
The aim of the WSI, National Pool Lifeguard Award is to enable a candidate to act as a designated lifeguard, trained in Pool Rescue and Basic Life Support techniques. He/She will also have an awareness of First Aid and Pool Water Analysis. The Pool Lifeguard Award is valid for 2 years and on expiry a revalidation course will need to be completed within a year. If not revalidated within the year then the full Pool Lifeguard Course will need to be completed again.
Entry Level (Preferred Entry Level)
- Rescue 2 Award of Irish Water Safety
- Minimum Standard Entry Level
- Be able to swim 100 metres on front (prone) and 100 metres on back (supine).
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool.
- Be 16 years of age, or older, at the time of the examination.
DATES TO FOLLOW